10 Latest QSO's Are:
Aviation Operating Modes SDR Slow Scan TV My Logbook Awards My Station Weather My Projects Miscellaneous
N8MDP Contact Me
CQ CQ CQ
If you have a question or a comment. please do not hesitate to ask here.
What is GQRX?
Check out these interesting GQRX videos
GQRX supports many of the SDR hardware available, including Airspy, Funcube Dongles, rtl-sdr, HackRF and USRP devices. See supported devices for a complete list.
Gqrx SDR is available as binary package for the Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian Stretch and other ARM v6 running a Debian Stretch based OS. Please understand that Gqrx on ARM is still very experimental! It does not work as well as on a desktop computer and installation requires some basic Linux skills. You can download a GQRX version SDR 2.11 for Raspberry Pi 3 here (alternate download: SourceForge). Drivers included: Rtlsdr, Airspy, SDRPlay, HackRF, RFSpace, Funcube Dongle, Red Pitaya and SoapySDR (no plugins). It has been reported that using the HDMI audio results in unstable, stuttering audio output. The GQRX developers recommend using the headset jack instead. Please see here about switching.
The generic installation steps are pretty straight forward:
1. Download the package
2. Unpack the package
3. Install the dependencies, see included readme.txt
4. Install the udev rules for the SDR device you want to use, see included readme.txt
Device support Running Gqrx on the Raspberry Pi is still experimental and a compromise at best. You should not expect the same performance as on a desktop PC.
Gqrx is free software, licensed under the GNU General Public license allowing anyone to fix and modify it for their use. Gqrx offers features like:
• Discover devices attached to the computer.
• Process I/Q data from the supported devices.
• Change frequency, gain and apply various corrections (frequency, I/Q balance).
• AM, SSB, CW, FM-N and FM-W (mono and stereo) demodulators.
• Special FM mode for NOAA APT.
• Variable band pass filter.
• AGC, squelch and noise blankers.
• FFT plot and waterfall.
• Record and playback audio to / from WAV file.
• Record and playback raw baseband data.
• Spectrum analyzer mode where all signal processing is disabled.
• Basic remote control through TCP connection.
• Streaming audio output over UDP.
The latest version of Gqrx is available as source code and binary packages for various platforms. See the download page for details.
WebSDR OpenWebRX HDSDR SDR Space SDR# GQRX Quisk RemoteHams Global Tuners